Friday, August 15, 2014

Good News or Bad News First?

Don't worry it is nothing life or death.  Let me just say that first!

I always like to get the bad news over with first.....

Bad news:  Gravenstein apples have all been picked.  Do I hear any groans?
I hope everyone that wanted some were able to get some this year!  I think this year was a record for how fast they were picked!  Glad you guys are enjoying them!

GOOD NEWS:  We do have another apple ripe!  Ruby Mac apples are ready now.
Ruby Mac are a great eating apple and for applesauce.  You can use them in pies too but is best to mix with another apple since Ruby Mac break down easily when cooked.


Ruby Mac 1ruby mac 3

(The Ruby Mac picture on the left has been shined up on my pant leg :) The left picture is straight from the tree.



We also have Bartlett pears pre-picked available to you.  $5 for a small bucket, $11 for a 5 gallon bucket.

bartlett  pears

No comments: